Arranging A Funeral
At P Loftus & Son Funeral Director. We will guide you through every step of arranging the funeral that you require for your loved one this can take any form that you require and the following is a list of some of the items that will require your consideration.
This information can help you understand some of the decisions you will have to make when planning a funeral. It is a good idea to write things down as you think of them, as this will help in your discussions.
- What Type of service is required burial or cremation
- Where would you like the service to be held
- Type of service, a Religious Service or Funeral Celebrant Service
- What is your preferred date and time for the service
- Choosing the choice of Hymns and Music
- Reading speeches and eulogies
- Would you require a printed order of service
- Do you require for an Obituary Notice to be placed in either a local or national newspaper.
- We can give guidance in compiling wording.
- Would you prefer to send flowers or family flowers only and ask for donations in lieu to a charity or it can be left as flowers or donations if desired to give people an option on their preference.
- Where will you require to cortege for service to meet at the deceased or family home, or from our chapel of rest.
- Would you require for a limousine to collect the family on the day of the service. The Limousine seats seven people. More limousines are available if required.
- Organising a wake
When you have made your decision we will then provide you with a written estimate of the funeral costs.